Monday, February 9, 2009

Happenings...

Here we go....Monday again! I don't have anything scrapbooking-related to report today, other than I've now made 51 Easter cards for the troops for Patty's project. YAY!

Just thought I'd talk about what is going on in my neck of the woods...Dalton finished up with his last game of basketball on Saturday. Tonight we report to the baseball field for try-outs, and tomorrow night is the basketball banquet. I just love how all the seasons just weld together. haha. He is still staying busy with practice twice a week for the play "Charlotte's Web" that he will be in at school with the Little Theatre program. The play will be April 2nd. He will play two parts . . . a cow, and a farmer. I can pull together a farmer costume pretty quickly and easily, but a cow costume will take a little more work. I've searched a little online, but haven't had a whole lot of luck. I guess I need to get on the horn and narrow down my choices. He's really tickled about playing a cow. I think we surprise our family and friends with us city kids raising a couple of cows of our own. So the part went over real well.

Speaking of cows, Greg is staying busy taking care of all the animals on our little farm. Egg production is up and it seems we can't give them away fast enough. He has been preparing the soil to get ready for the planting of the vegetable garden. He has also been busy restoring his 66 Chevy Pick-up and is very close to getting it done. It is ready to paint now! He just has to decide on a color. Deer season is over...didn't have much luck this year, but thanks to our generous friends, we do have some deer meat in our freezer. (smile) The weather is getting nice now and we've been working in the yard getting all the leaves cleaned up. Whew!!! And, I said I love trees... hmmmm...didn't think about all the clean-up. But they sure are beautiful and provide lots of shade when green in the hot summer months. And Dalton sure loves to climb in them.


Dalton is doing great in school. He has managed to stay on the honor roll without much effort, but I remind him that it won't always be that easy. He is still participating in the Gifted and Talented program and managing to keep up with his regular assignments. He met his goal for the Accelerated Reading Program and as a result was able to participate in the field trip to USM College. That was a big hit! And he even came home with a photo of him with the Southern Miss cheerleaders. He told me, "Mom, Dad is going to be jealous when he see this". He keeps us in stitches. He's such a little comedian. I try to reward him for his outstanding abilities and hard work without spoiling him too much. To the left you'll see him playing with his "Super Shot" over-the-door basketball goal set that I rewarded him with. It costs me a whopping $3.00. And let me tell you that is probably the best $3.00 I ever spent. Both he and Greg have had loads of fun playing this in the den. Sometimes I clench my teeth, hoping that nothing gets broken.

As for me, just the same old routine, work, work, work. Greg has been on me to get back into the oil painting, but these days I've been looking for quick little jobs. I guess that's why the greeting cards have sparked my attention. I can really get a lot made in a small amount of time. The weather is getting nicer and I'll be spending more time outside in the garden and just hanging out with the boys on the 4-wheelers and such. I'm not a winter person and I do not like cold weather. I'll be glad when it is over with!!!

Well, that's it for now. I'll be thinking of some goodies to share with you all.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I think am going to love your blog. This is really keeping me updated on all the happenings in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Sounds like how my life used to be when Lil' Dale was little. He was involved in "EVERYTHING!" I would run from one thing to the other. I had no life as he was my life...lol Then, Nathan & Austin turn came around and I was running like a chicken with my head cut off. Luckily, Nathan & Austin are not as interested in participating in everything anymore since moving. They are just as happy to play with the neighborhood kids or go to one of the parks. Natalie is the one who is bored and wants to do everything so she keeps me hopping! lol Great job in school Dalton! Keep up the awesome job. patty p

    ReplyDelete